SBIR Impact offers 20 select companies specialized assistance through a combination of advanced onsite training, topical webinars and up to 20 hours each in one-on-one expert proposal development assistance. In addition, the Program offers a series of introductory and intensive workshops for prospective applicants and the public. Cohorts for each SBIR Impact cycle are selected through a competitive application process held three times per year.
Note: To be eligible, the majority of your company’s operations must be based in NYC’s five boroughs. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis up until the relevant application deadline:
|Application Deadline||July 3||Oct 2||TBA|
|Participants Notified by:||July 21||Oct 20||TBA|
Overview of Application Process for Interested Participants:
Interested participants should submit an online application by one of three deadlines for the 2016/18 Program year. The upcoming Cycle 1 deadline is midnight July 3.
- Applicants will be asked to participate in an assessment call with our Program Team to discuss eligibility and interest in submitting an SBIR/STTR application.
- Important note for those applying for Cycle 1: In order for your application to be considered for Cycle 1, it is MANDATORY for as many key members of your team as possible to attend a 1.5-day SBIR/STTR Intensive Workshop at Columbia University on June 28-29. Attendance is highly encouraged for your PI. REGISTER
- Selected participants will be notified on a rolling basis depending upon the cycle in which their applications were received; no later than July 21 for Cycle 1.
- Twenty participants will be selected per year. Once 20 companies are selected, a waiting list will be established and additional companies may be accepted based on availability.
- In addition to receiving up to 20 hours of expert assistance, selected participants will be expected to meet program deadlines and participate in a series of six weekly webinars.