SBIR Impact – Bio & Health Tech NYC is a competitive SBIR/STTR application assistance program for life sciences and healthcare technology companies in New York City. The Program will help participants compete for over $2.6 billion in non-dilutive federal R&D funding through the government’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.
Launched by the de Blasio Administration and New York City Economic Development Corporation, and led by a team of SBIR/STTR experts, SBIR Impact is designed to:
- Build upon the City’s leadership in academic research and clinical care
- Increase the level of early-stage R&D funding in NYC’s life sciences and healthcare technology community
- Increase NYC’s share of SBIR/STTR funding by enhancing the competitiveness of SBIR/STTR proposals among NYC-based life sciences and healthcare technology companies
- Incentivize small businesses to apply for SBIR/STTR grants, facilitating collaboration and the exchange of best practices among applicants
- Provide specialized guidance to high-potential applicants on the unique requirements of the SBIR/STTR Application Process at NIH and other federal agencies
Each year, SBIR Impact will offer 20 select companies specialized assistance through a combination of intensive onsite training, topical webinars and up to 20 hours each in one-on-one expert proposal-development assistance. In addition, the Program will offer a series of introductory and intensive workshops for prospective applicants and the public.